Thread: KIm Chee
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 04:03 AM

Default Re: KIm Chee

[ QUOTE ]
If you can't find kimchee in any part of LA, I think you have problems. I don't live in LA, but I bet I could find a decent Korean market within 25 minutes of your house.

Still, just hit K-town someday and keep the kimchee for awhile. Get the garlic stem and the mu kimchees. Yummm.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have a reading problem. I never said I couldn't find Kimchi in any part of L.A., nor that I wanted to go to every or any part of L.A. to find it. What I said was that it is not in my local market and the outlying ones stock it very sporadically, making trying to find it a time consuming affair with no guaranteed pay-off. I also said I didn't want to take a three hour drive to Koreatown and back. The traffic from the freeway to Koreatown is regularly fiercely crowded.

If anyone has ever wanted to know, or even been capable of knowing, every store within 25 minutes of where they live, I doubt it. Not in a crowded city. And I doubt you would either. And frankly, looking for Korean food in a Latino neighborhood is fairly retarded.