View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 02:17 AM

Default Re: Some hands from Festa Al Lago

hand 1: this seems awful. on the turn, there is over 3000 in the pot. you have less than 2500 chips left. your turn plan is a terrible one because you gave him a chance to just push all-in and shut you out of the hand, which is what he'll do most of the time. also, if he has some kind of showdownable hand, which he'll have most of the time, you're making it easy for him to call a river bet after it goes check-check on the turn because it's easier to believe that you just gave up on your bluff on the turn, or had a straight draw. i think you got real lucky that it worked out here.

hand 2: [ QUOTE ]
He raised to 1200 and I instantly min-raised him.

[/ QUOTE ]

what? terrible. is there any chance in the world that you don't have a monster hand here? i think you just got lucky that TJ is an idiot because there's no way he should have gone bust to you here.

hand 3: the key is whether he is the type to not understand the value of hands and check-raise you on the turn with a worse hand. i think most of the time this type of player is passive enough where you can fold to a turn check-raise. if this is the case, you are missing out on a lot of value here because if he has an ace he will call on the turn and the river.

hand 4: crazy asian dude doesn't sound so crazy. obviously no crazy asian dude is laying down here so it seems your read must have been pretty off. even if your read is right, though, it is probably better to call. obviously you are not folding no matter what, so i'm assuming that asian dude is going to fire big on the turn no matter what comes, with hands like complete air or bottom pair, both of which he'll probably fold if you push now. of course, he might have one or more overcards and draw out to beat you, but i think this possibility is not large enough to warrant shutting him out from dumping his chips to you on the turn.

adios: 2K is not big enough. the raiser is getting better than 3-1 and even better than that if he knows british guy is coming too. if i were the raiser i would call with any pair. also, i'm not thrilled about seeing a flop heads up with 1.5x pot in my stack, with AK, against an unbluffable fish. you are basically forced to push the flop no matter what comes, and he will call with any piece of it. i would rather him fold, or if he wants to go all in preflop i'm fine with that too. also, british is going to act first on the flop. what do you do if he bets at you when you miss? this is a position that i'd rather not be in.