View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Your strategy for $25-$40/hr playing poker???

[ QUOTE ]
the concept of you at least making 200-300 a week or whatever is absurd. even as a good player, which you haven't really indicated that you are, you might lose 300 one week and make 2000 the next ( i can't remember what limits you are at but you know what i mean ).

the only good advice here is to not rely on poker for income until you are a very good player, comfortable at playing at a higher limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to AVERAGE $400/week or $2K /month. Not make $400 every week. That is not absurd. I understand variance and my kids won't starve if I have a couple months of breakeven play. That being said poker has been a part-time 2nd job for me for almost a year now. I've probably logged over 150,000 hands by now and I'm quite confident in my ability to play limit poker and to recognize a good table regardless of limit. As I said I'm not the best player in the world but I more than hold my own and my understanding of limit hold'em concepts is advanced.

I'm glad you guys are concerned about my skill level but suffice to say I am not. I will not put myself in a game I do not feel I have a + expectation in and I am notoriously nitty when it comes to moving up in limits. As far as my future prospects for moving up limits I certainly expect to make gradual leaps as I continue to work on my game and grow as a player. I hope all of you do as well. Currently I fluctuate between 2/4 and 3/6, with occasional brief forays into 5/10 and 10/20 when I see exceptionally good tables. I have a sginificant sample size at the 2/4 game and have played with enough 2+2 players enough times and discussed those sessions at enough length that I have very little concern about my ability to beat my current limits.

That being said my skill level and what I should do is not what this thread was intended to discuss. What I really was hoping for was opinions on how to best make a reliable earn over the long haul of $25-$40 with the minimum of risk. If your opinion is to become world class and play 100/200 so be it. If it is to 12 table micros while whoring your brains out that's fine too. My current skill level and limits are irrelevant to how you all make your hourly earn.