Thread: $20/40 7-6s
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: $20/40 7-6s

Does anyone else think the preflop call is debateable? 76s is a bit weak of a hand to be seeing the flop for 3-bets (and potentially 4), and you have terrible relative position to the 3-bettor. If you *know* that UTG/UTG+1 are coming along, then it's not so bad, but it's likely that they could've gotten folded out unless they are loose as hell. FWIW, I call sometimes in these kind of situations too, because I like my suited connectors, but I'm wondering if it's actually +EV.

I don't hate the flop raise, but with a draw that has somewhere between 12-15 outs, I like to get lots of people in. Calling would allow you to put in 1 bet and your equity would be a large portion of the total bets that go in (maybe 3-6). Raise might thin the field, which would make you put in 2 bets for the same portion of less people's money. With the pot size though, facing 2 bets cold may not scare anyone out of the pot, as seemed to be true for this hand.

This may be the reason why my BB/100 is sub-par (relative to a lot of the good players on this forum) but.. I'd like to hear some reasoning behind why the river is a clear fold. Is it not possible that some donk just rivered two pair, or was slowplaying a set? I do agree that calling 2 (and potentially 3) BBs may be a crying call at this point, though.