View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: ($11) Bubble push or fold?

[ QUOTE ]
This is read-dependent, but I'd think a raise to $450 is reasonable. Anyone blasts over the top, you fold. Anyone calls (this is the $11s, it's common), you play some poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a raise to 450 here and folding to a push is criminal. You're tossing 1/3 of your stack with a marginal hand out of position, and FWIW your raise screams "i'll fold if you push". if I'm in one of the blinds I'll push on a resteal with a very marginal hand here.

This is an easy preflop fold.

If you've got specific reads on the table as tight you can possibly justify a push, but that would be really easy to determine with SNGPT or ICM calculations. I imagine its going to say fold though, as it doesn't take in to account the blinds going up soon. With the blinds going up in two hands and with specific reads on the table it might be a very very marginal push. But still, fold preflop.

Personally at a lowerstakes game (<$55 for sure) I'm confident that with proper bubble play you can find larger edges in better position the next two orbits and I'd fold.