View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Theory: Gigabet\'s \"bands\" and \"The Finch Formula\" Grand Unificati

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible to make use of this in the way that SNGPT works for SNGs?

How difficult would it be?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the eventual plan. Just be warned, this formula only estimates your odds of winning. Using it might therefore lead to some -$EV decisions. I don't know.

As far as how to use it goes, just proceed as you would with ICM. Figure out all possible results and their probabilities, then evaluate the Finch Formula for each. Whatever action gives you the highest overall chance of winning is the one to take. (Assuming, like me, you always want to play to win.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I am good with math, but I don't see how applying this formula would change the simpler calculations we usually go through in making decisions in a hand. Could you give an example where you think the former would be a better choice than the calculation that would normally be done? I find this interesting, and I am good at math, so when I'm not studying for programming midterms, I'll go over your formula with more attention than I can devote at the moment.