View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: I really need feedback on this doubleshootout hand

[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing you lost to either JQ or T8, or a random J that called the raise on the turn and got there. I don't think there can be much in the way of feedback on this hand as it's pretty much straightforward. With stacks this short and just 2 opponents, I can't see any line being wrong that gets all the money in with top and bottom pair. If you're sure he'll bet be glad that you were able to get his money in as 2 pair with a flush draw is far ahead of the hand range for a lag here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, does it matter if I lost or not? I'm just seeing if my play would be considered "best" of other possible ways of playing it. I could of just pushed on the flop for 1200 and almost assured myself of the 300 chips in the pot. Or I could of tried a smallish lead bet only to get called and then push the turn, or I could of check raised all in on the flop after his 2/3 of the pot bet which would of put more than half his stack on the line with a crappy board in which he might just give it up and fold.

In these double shootouts, you don't get too many decent hands, and the ones you do I'm aiming to double up so I have a chance to at least win the thing, not barely survive and end up with 3rd or something. The only two options I felt I could of taken to try and double up was the one I did take, or just pushing all in on the flop after he made a 2/3 of the pot bet.