View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Losing with 33 - some hands for inspection.

grunch....

hand 1: depends on the tables looseness and postflop aggression i would think. i would guess.... that you should probly fold here on most 2/4 tables

hand 2: fold the flop, throwing money away. with 5 players:
a) there is no guarantee your seeing the turn for 1 bet
b) you will be up against a stack of redraws even if you manage to spike a trey on the turn

hand 3: does villain always continuation bet? i would probly check/raise the flop and bet out the turn with no aggression showed back at me. i doubt he is folding an ace on the river not 1 in 6 times anyway, so i probly check/fold. in game i might try to stab the pot one last time.

hand 4: i actually think you almost have the pot odds to call that flop, but yeah it doesnt feel good at all doing it, particularly lacking the 3c which means you have only 1 real out that will give you the confidence needed to take the implied odds. most likely peel one for the flop and lay down the turn ui.

hand 5: Did I mess up every street here? yes.
preflop you arent getting the runners to set or forget. fold. or possibly raise if you think you can get it to ~1.4 players.
flop check, turn check, river bet. im pretty sure i dont have to explain why, this whole hand cost you a lot, its horrible

hand 6: 4 players = check/fold. what do you hope to achieve on this flop? you are behind and with people that arent folding draws.

hand 7: i dont like preflop, see hand 5 for the reasoning.
check the flop and the hand plays too differently to continue to comment, i really have absolutely no idea why you bet here.

a few overall comments, 33 is a hand that basically has twin peaks in terms of players.
1-2 (based on postflop weakness) you are playing with the intention of remaining in front on the flop and getting them to fold, or against some opponents just calling down because you know the vast majority of the time you are ahead preflop and make money in the longrun against their random aggression.

5-6(based on postflop aggression)+ players its an entirely different story, now you want to limp in and see a flop for cheap, then play on only that 12% of the time you hit a 3 on the flop.

3-4 player is where it gets murky, and 33 suddenly becomes lost.
you dont have the implied odds to call, and yet you arent going to be ahead with a likely 6-8 overcards against you.

so.... preflop, at least imo, you need to do everything in your power to get in to one of the peaks. this means raising on weak tables, folding on tables with loose blinds and 1-2 limpers in LP. getting stuck in the murky waters of 4 to a flop is somewhere you dont ever want to be.