Thread: Raymer
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Raymer

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I still think Farha's preflop call is pretty bad. People seem to be making all these assumptions to justify loose preflop calls. What if he doesn't manage to take AC's entire stack when the AA is no good?

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, then he only wins 1000 (say if AC check-folds his overpair on the flop LOL). Or if he misses his set his stack goes from 22K to 21K. Big whoop. The risk/reward is certainly there to make this a decent call. However there is no way to justify the terrible way curtis played the hand. The huge preflop raise? OK, not a great play but not terrible. The flop bet is absolutely abysmal though.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, based solely on the edited and limited TV coverage, I think Negreanu played better than anyone else I've seen on TV.

[/ QUOTE ]
He played well but it wasn't exactly brain surgery. Check behind w/ KK after the top card pairs the board? Yeah, obviously. Check-fold a straight when the flush AND boats get there? Wow really tough lay down (<-- sarcasm). Come on now. I play those hands the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you have almost all your chips in the pot and are incredibly shortstacked? These laydowns were very very good in the heat of the moment for his tournament life.

ESPECIALLY since he knows that Farha is incredibly aggressive and is known to put a lot of moves on people.