View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Re: OT: Thinking out of the box and about players and situations

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
are you serious?

the sngs at the taj start with 20xBB, and the blinds raise every 15 minutes (in LIVE play). this isn't exactly what I call juicy, no matter how bad the players are.

also, most people don't use ICM in the middle of a game. they take interesting situations, during their downtime, and run it through, to see what the most profitable action is, so they will know for next time. if you can't see that doing that is obviously helpful, then you're just not thinking it through.

although at this point, you seem like you don't want any help. hell, you won the 40k guaranteed -- you MUST be one of the greatest players on this forum. after all, no one without a ton of talent can win a poker tournament. good luck, and i'm sure we'd all feel honored to be the recipients of your next pearl of wisdom.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off about the taj yes I am serious. Its profitable for me so I don't know aobut you. Second I have never proclaimed myself above any of you. I have said that I am a winning player which is true and I am sure most of you are too. I just said that everyone here just uses computer tools and books as the end all be all of poker when poker IS NOT AN EXACT SCIENCE. Every hand can be played differently with positive results. But i am done with this post because it seems like YOU don't want any help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Though I have never played it, the Taj SNG format sounds like just about the worst format imaginable for making consistent profits...I dont care how you did over 10 or 20, but winner take all with a 33% rake is not my idea of a good time...nevermind the blind stack ratio to start...what a joke.

I don't think you really know WHY ICM is useful...so you shouldnt put it down...

As for the rest of your assertions, they are so obvious it seems clear that your ideas have only just now become apparent to you and you felt like sharing. Thats nice, but spare us the pomposity.