View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 12:11 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Astroglide was right - plasma sucks

but i didn't say plasma sucks...i said you shouldn't get a widescreen television with a non-widescreen native resolution (1024x768 in your case) because pixel stretching is weak, and that i still wouldn't buy a set smaller than 50" for your viewing distance. as far as 'burn-in' goes, this is no doubt a ghosted image during power/channel changes, not a real-deal permanent impression. it could look a little scary but it's not going to hurt anything yet. i can totally understand being scared by the suggestion of burn-in seeing something like that can give you, though.

i don't see myself buying a plasma anytime soon because i dislike power draw/heat/burn-in/limited lifespans pretty intensely even if the causes/effects are highly reduced. i just don't enjoy sleeping on it. right now i'm considering whether i want to sell my 60" 720p rplcd to get a 60" 1080p sxrd/lcos set when it comes out.