View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 08:25 AM

Default Re: Poker School Online?

[ QUOTE ]
Learning limit first is definitely the way to go, gives good fundamentals i think, and then moving to SnG's, and then to MTT's i think.

I like that route.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen to this man. He VERY smart man.

Eric, you're in over your head, buddy. You are very, very likely to drown.

Start at the very beginning. Learn good fundamentals. I suggest Winning Low Stakes Hold 'Em by Lee Jones, first, then Small Stakes Hold 'Em, in that order because the second is a tougher sled to understanding. Play very low stakes limit until you can consistently--CONSISTENTLY-- win. Build your bankroll while you learn the basics of the game. Then move up. Once you're adequately bankrolled, start playing low stakes NL, which is a very different game, but necessary for success in SNGs and MTTs. Learn patience, as this is the true hard part of the game. If you aren't able to patiently follow this advice, you'll probably not have the patience to win poker games.

SNGs and MTTs are not the place to learn how to play hold 'em. They are the place to go absolutely stone broke, if you don't have a ton of experience. Even at the very lowest levels of the SNG "circuit" there are many more players who are better than you.

As my old man was so fond of saying, "Advice is free, until you take it."

GL--it's a long way to Tipperary

CJ