Thread: NL v. limit
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 04:10 AM

Default Re: NL v. limit

Perhaps an appropriate analogy is the following:

You are given the task of "taking out" an adversary of equal strength, size etc., in a cage match without the benefit of any weapons for either of you...

Or, you are given the option where each of you will have a deadly weapon, say knives...

Choosing no weapons will in all likelihood be a more time consuming and arduous task. Choosing knives however, while potentialy allowing you to end the matter more quickly (easily), brings an extra element of difficulty in that if not used with sufficient expertise, could rapidly result in catastrophe due to even a minor miscalculation which otherwise might been overcome had no such weapons been involved.

Is LHE more difficult (bludgeoning someone over an extended period of time)...yes, in some respects.
Is NLHE more difficult (escalating the danger level)...yes, in some respects.

I personally prefer LHE as I am a more patient player who prefers to exploit small edges over a period of time as opposed to the potential for the "quick kill". Part of this is due in part, I must admit, to my reticence for being involved in dangerous situations, which obviously the NLHE player often finds himself in, albeit voluntarily in many cases.

Just my .02...