View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 02:38 AM

Default Re: Full Time Players (i.e. no \'real\' job)

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't exactly sure where to post these questions...I thought this was the best place since it seems many who post here are playing full time.

1. How do you answer applications asking for your occupation (loan applications, tax returns, etc.)? For whatever reasons, I am hesitant to put 'poker player' on any documents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a "real" job myself, being a contract programmer, but I run into something similar since I can literally go 3-4 months between contracts. "self employed" is a good one, as is -- depending on your location -- simply saying "contractor" My bank was hassling me about a car loan that I was consistently behind on until I told them "look, I'm an independant contractor" and their response was (surprisingly enough) along the lines of "Oh! Why didn't you say so?"

..so yeah, not exactly the same, but if you don't want to put down "degenerate gambler" put down something vague and ill-defined.. as long as its not a legally binding document, who honestly cares? (I once listed myself as "used pacemaker saleswoman" on a form..)