View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: ***Official Release*** Watch me play poker through .avi TStoneMBD

Yeah I see your point, and at those prices it doesn't look like it would matter very much.

After taking a look at the "session1" video I'd recommend going for higher quality. I know you're going to run up against the file size vs. quality dilemma, but in their current form I can barely follow the action because it moves so quickly and the video is somewhat jerky because of the low sample rate needed to handle 16x12 resolution (and yes, I have the xvid codec, and my computer is a pretty reasonable athlon 64 3200+ / 1GB ram system).

I'm really interested in following your site, but (as a viewer) I'd prefer to just watch one table (or maybe two) at a time (it makes it easier to follow the table, and to me the hands you fold are often just as interesting as the ones you play). If you cut your screen capture window down to just one or two tables you should be able to increase your sample rate which would improve the quality of the video and we'd still be able to have a reasonable file size.

Anyways, I hope you take this as constructive criticism and perhaps consider making some modifications for future files.

Peace,
J