View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Canterbury floor ruling

I was the player who was brought into the game. And my friend Jay was the one who was forced to move into the other, now 10 handed table. Moving me into the game in the first place was incredibly incompetent by the floor. Me and Jay didnt even know we werent allowed to sit at the same table. Because the accusations of collusion happened last school year when I was in california (and jay was in a game with 2 other friends, in which he won 15 racks) and when I came back me and Jay played together all summer.

After having no problems all summer, I then went back to school and was just home for this weekend, not having played in 2 months. And now all the sudden Jay isnt allowed to play with anyone canterbury considers his friend.

Like Schneids said. Canturbury has ABSOLUTELY NO evidence of collusion. All of the floormen know this, and most are cool enough to tell us that its total bull.[censored] but that they cant do anything about it because the cardroom manager has sent down the message from the top. We've talked to the grave floorman, Mike, about it many times and he was pretty irrate over the horrendous handling of the situation by the swing shift last night. Not only failing to plan 5 minutes ahead and avoid making the game 10 handed, but then marring our reputations by informing all the players at both tables why we are not being allowed to play together.

Later in the night, I was talking to a guy on the other table who I had never met before, and he was talking about how amazing their game was (because dennis was in it). I was like Yeah it sure sucks I cant sit in it. And his reply was "well yeah that sucks but its your fault. Me and my friends do that stuff sometimes too. Ya know, pound the flop and then check it down on the turn and river and stuff. And was was just like "WTF are you talking about. You have never even played with us, and if you had, you would know htis could not be further from the truth. We play harder against eachother than anyone else in the room. We have never ever done anything that could be considered collution in any way."

As schneids mentioned above, its pretty [censored] ridiculous to not allow people to play together simply due to a complaint from another player. Id be very curious to see what would happen if we got one of the regulars to accuse schnieds and Bk or any two other young winning players of collusion.

I'm going to be back in MN all of January and all of next summer. Since there is usually only 1 30 game going, its going to be pretty [censored] stupid if me and Jay have to alternate playing in it.