View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Need a little early level advice

One thing to remember about Aleo's guide is that it wasn't written to be a formulaic guide to optimal play at the PP 11s. Instead, it was meant (as far as I know), to be able to take someone that doesn't really play poker, and enable them to beat the PP 11s (or 22s, probably) for a reasonable winrate.

So it's just a starting point. After 900 games, you should really be at a point where you have noticed some things, and you should be able to take advantage of the players postflop and make some plays that will enable you to pick up more chips/lose less chips before level 4-5. It's always tough to think of examples, but just finding times that you SHOULDN'T C/B on a missed AK, and times that you should . . . seeing which opponents its worth calling a 3xBB raise with 77 against (who is going to give you their whole stack when you flop a set) . . . I don't know, stuff like that.

Do you multitable, if so, how many, and do you use any software (PT, PA, SNGPT, anything)?

Another thing is, you know, 400-500 chips at level 4 isn't a disaster. I mean it sucks, but you still have a bit of elbow room. Especially with the extra level stuck in there, you are not dead yet.