View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Atlas Shrugged asking for spoiler???

[ QUOTE ]
Doug,

I only read “The Fountainhead” and part of AS. Both were too long ago to recall what you ask.

I just thought I’d remark the following (and it is not meant disparagingly):

I look back on my reading Rand with fond memories. It is like when I see pictures of myself with long hair and bell-bottomed jeans (the first go around of bell bottoms - not the most recent fad). I think of the good times and how young I look. At the same time I can’t help but be somewhat embarrassed about how ridiculous I looked.

I enjoyed Ayn for a bit. But, after a while (one novel and part of a 2nd one) I pictured better what hell must be like. She goes on and on and on - and it never (seems to) ends. Reading is never a waste, enjoy. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

RJT

[/ QUOTE ]Yes this book is pretty long, and sometimes I just can't wait for her to make her point. If I didn't agree with her philosphy I don't think I could stomach it. I did a search on google, apparently it doesn't mean much at all.

The problem with goofy trends is it's much harder to get laid without em. Allthough bell-bottoms are pretty lame.
You must have been so high, to put yourself into those just for a piece of trim.

As far as the hell part goes I'll just assume it was a zing on AR long windedness.