View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 07:41 AM

Default Re: $11\'s My reads on villain hurt me more than they help me...

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you loosening your starting requirements against loose "bad" opponents? When you're playing against loose passive opponents (calling stations) you should tighten up. When you make your hands on the flop, keep betting into the calling stations.

If you're playing against a loose aggressive player (i.e. - always continuation bets) and hit the flop, check to them and let them do the betting for you, or if you have position just call their bet and let them bluff again on the turn.

If you have nothing, just let the hand go. It can be frustrating to continually fold against somebody you know is bluffing, but just wait them out because soon enough if they're really bad players you will get the chips in with the best of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds good. In fact, what everyone said sounds good. I think I get FPS, or even minor tilt when I know what are doing... but it backfires. I think I will continue to try and read opponents, b/c I will need that skill, but I won't change my play at the $11's. Thanks everyone!