View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 05:12 AM

Default Re: Moral dilemma? (When a low-limit fish challenges you HU)

i had a similar situation come up this week. i was playing hu on stars and the guy and the guy and i were being friendly and chatty despite the fact that it was a competitive match. eventually, i went on a rush and picked up some patterns and took him for about 50bbs. at that point it was obvious he was tilting.. he wasn't chatty anymore and he was pretty much going maniacal. for some reason i began to feel shitty and i told him he should leave since he's tilting. he didn't respond and i ended up leaving myself. afterward, i was upset w/ myself as a poker player because i could probably have made another 2k off him, but something inside me just made me stop. i think part of the reason is that i'm a college student and i've made enough playing poker that winning that extra 2k won't affect my life at all. no rent, no insurance, no bills, so no real worries. i think if winning money at poker was necessary to survive, i'd have taken the guy's heads up challenge. sorry this is long-winded, i'm stoned.