View Single Post
Old 10-09-2003, 12:29 PM

Default A little bit of PLO bluffing for ya

PLO folks,

Tell me what you think of these bluffs. I don't tend to bluff much - unless short handed - at PLO, but a few spots arose in the Party $1/2 games yesterday. Assume a full table and all stacks approx 100-150, unless stated different. Fairly typical online lineup, but not as loose as I usually like (hence my decision to put the bluffs in). Just tell me the ones you don't like and why:

1. JhJd5c2c in LP. 4 limpers, I limp, CO raises 1 limper drops. Pot $87 and 5 to the flop of 8h9d9s. Checked to me, only the raiser to act. I go all-in for $74. Everyone folds.

2. 6-handed AsKd8c6d in the BB. 2 limpers, I take the free look. Flop Qh8d5d. Check, check, button bets min ($2), both of us call. Turn 5s, pairing the board low. I bet $9 into $13 pot, both fold.

3. ThTdQdKs in BB. Button raise, 4 to the flop of 6c7h8d. SB checks, I bet pot of $44, all fold.

4. I limp UTG with Ac8c8s7h, next limps, fairly solid MP raises to $9, one LP and other limper call along with myself. The 4 of us see the flop of 9h7c6s. Checked to MP raiser who bets 30 into 36 pot, LP folds. I check raise to $127, inbetween player folds, as does the original bettor.

Maybe these bluffs were more successful than clever. Let me know. All comments much appreciated - thanks.
Over, but not out...click.

G