View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 02:22 AM

Default Re: Got stiffed on a tip tonight

[ QUOTE ]
Working in any industry where you serve the public is liable to help make you racist. I felt it happening to me when I worked in sales. I worked in a furniture store and we'd get a lot of new immigrants to the country who didn't have a firm grip of the language or culture, and didn't have a lot of money to spend so they'd all be looking at the cheapest items and would all want to bargain.

The thing is that there were also MANY annoying and ignorant white people as well. But they all blend together. It's the minorities that you remember, because they're different than you and stick out more because of it. It's like only remembering the particularly bad beats in *that game*, but forgetting all of the times you gave bad beats to others, and then concluding that the site is rigged.

If you kept track of all the times that white people stiffed you on tips and compared it to all the times that non-whites stiffed you, you'd probably find that there isn't as much difference in tipping between the races as you thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD you're speaking the truth brother, good point