View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Drinks for Females

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you think that fruity alcoholic drinks are called girly drinks???

Because girls like them. Most girls don't drink beer. Most girls aren't going to take shots of Jack. Obviously there are exceptions but if you're trying to impress a girl you will have different options for her. One of these options should be some sort of fruity cocktail you can make them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. It seems silly not to have what your guests like at a party. There's no "right" or "wrong" here -- except getting only what you or a few people like and forcing the other people to either have what they don't like or have nothing. WTF? A good host has his head well clear of his own ass.

Many women do tend to avoid beer, so they don't get fat or burst their pants getting bloated, and women tend to not like the "brown" liquors. Women also do tend to like fruity drinks. Margaritas, wine coolers, rum punches, etc. So make 'em happy. There's no part of making women happy like this that I can see as a bad thing, including spending extra money to do it and maybe having to cut back on what you and your buds like accordingly. Unless you like booze more than women, in which case, God help you, because only he could.

I also agree with theben, who says above he's not a fan of Smirnoff. I agree. I haven't had any super high level quality stuff they have, though, but it doesn't sound like that's what you'd be buying for this party anyway.