Thread: Movin' on Up
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Movin\' on Up

So I'm looking all over hell for the juiciest games on the skins and stars to clear bonii. I've been playing primarily 2/4 and some 3/6 but occasionally step up if I see juicy games. Tonight I found a 50% table at 5/10 stars. I decided to give it a 20BB shot. I was card dead for the first few orbits and only played a couple hands including a painful hand vs the loosest bluffer at the table where my JJ was cracked by a flopped boat A5 (AA5 flop), blech.

Anyways my 20BB's was just about up when this hand came along. Two of the loose players had busted out and a couple new faces had just filled their seats so I had no read on them. I was actually one tabling and had decent reads on the entire table so of course the main villians in this hand were the two unknowns.

I get 4 red tits in UTG+2. UTG (TAG) limps, there's a fold, <font color="red"> I raise</font> , two folds, a loose slightly retarded passive amway representative CC's, a rock CC's, SB (no read) calls, <font color="red"> BB (no read) reraises</font>, UTG calls 2, <font color="red"> I cap</font>, three more calls.

6 of us go the flop for 24SB's

The flop comes 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

The action is checked to me and <font color="red"> I bet</font>, first CCer folds, rock calls, <font color="red"> SB check-raises</font>, <font color="red">BB check-reraises</font>, UTG folds, I go into the tank, put my finger in my nose and scratch my cerebral cortex and call! (gah), rocks folds, <font color="red"> SB caps</font> , BB calls, I call.

Me and two guys I just met go to the turn for a trunk load of money (18BB's or so I lost count)

The turn is the 6 of bricks
SB checks, <font color="red"> BB bets</font>, I call, SB calls. I now know SB is on a flush draw. There's only one hand BB can have that I beat that is remotely reasonable (can you guess it?), so of course my calls make very little sense except for the fact that I have odds to draw to my set.

There's now 21.5BB or so in the pot.

The river is the 5 of bricks.
SB open folds. Really, I'm not kidding. <font color="red"> BB bets</font>, I pray to the poker gods that he has that one hand I beat and call. I notice that my hand is actually shaking as the cards are flipped over...

How'd I do?