View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 11:01 PM

Default How bad did I play this?

Had a hand today kind of bugged me a bit, despite the outcome being great for me. Here's how it went.

Pokerstars 2/4 6 max, I post in.

UTG Raises, 2nd folds.

Bet is to me, I'm holding 5-6 spades. I figure at least two more will go in so I call.

4th folds, SB raises, BB re-raises, UTG calls.

Four bucks to me and there's currently 28 bucks in the pot. I'm thinking 7:1 isn't too bad considering I have a hand that could really mess up a premium hand with the right flop with two low cards, straight and flush draws. So I call.

Flop comes 5c, 7s, 8s.

I start salivating because this is pretty much the ideal situation for me now.

SB checks, BB bets, UTG calls, I raise, SB calls, BB raises, UTG folds.

Now here I was a bit shaky whether to call or raise. I figure I'm likely behind now but have huge draws out. However I wuss out and call. SB calls as well.

Turn comes 6d.

SB checks, BB bets, I raise, SB folds, BB re-raises, I cap.

I'm pretty sure BB has a big PP at this point so I'm hoping I'm ahead now. I doubt either of them had a hand with a nine in it though pocket nines were a possiblity. Even then I have the 5,6, flush and straight flush draws.

River 9s.

I check three times and yes I do really have a straight flush now.

BB bets, I raise, he re-raises, I cap.

BB shows pocket Kings and I take down a massive pot.

BB proceeds to rant about how bad a play that was. I tell him I agree PF it was probably pretty bad but post flop I was drawing to odds the whole time. He goes on about what I fish I am, how he'll get the money back soon enough, blah, blah, blah.

So how badly did I play that. I know PF was a definate stretch and I probably didn't play post-flop ideally. Looking for some input.