View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Got stiffed on a tip tonight

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly don't know what your motivations are or why you decided to mess with me, but I assure you I am totally calm. As much as I would love to discuss this matter further I am starting to think that the two of us ignoring each other is definitely the right decision. I wish you the best, and I wish you a pleasant evening.

Brian.

p.s. At the risk of sounding like an ass kisser, I really do respect your posts in the Politics forum. I truly wish you nothing but the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I came back and saw this thread boomed from six pages to a monster overnight and over the course of the day. I still feel your post should be addressed, as it really doesn't make sense and turns reality upside down. So here goes.

I can assure you that the "going after" appears to me to be coming entirely from your side, as I've done nothing but stick to the subject and remark that saying things like "you're wrong" without elaborating constitute simple gainsaying, not participating in a discussion, and therefore are by definition not productive. This is not "going after" you, but acknowledging that you seem to have lost your way in the discussion. If this has seemed to you like an attack, I apologize, but I think it's clear that you're misinterpreting.

As you say of me, I don't wish you ill, but simply wish that you had stuck to a productive discussion.

I have made perhaps one post in politics, and it was months ago. I wish I could accept your compliment on my posts in that forum, but you have me confused with someone else.

And now I have to decide if I want to read 11 pages more of this. I went to sleep when the discussion, surprisingly coherent though some emotions seemed to run high, started to degenerate, and it seems like the kind where people can be very tempted to speak without thinking, and certainly without listening. I wonder if it's worth trudging through.