View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Re: What\'s your move? $55

Man, I hate that flop call. I just don't see JJ or QQ cold-calling that flop (and QQ is unlikely to coldcall preflop anyway). I think you're probably beat here, but given the pot odds, you still have to call. There's a slim chance the villain went turbo-donk with 99 or 55 or something.

It does look like the villain flopped a set or a straight, though.

EDIT: I think one thing you can do is bet less on the turn. This board is full of possible inside straight draws and 5-outers, but any reasonable bet will get those out/cause the villaion to make a mistake. So unless you're betting the full pot for VALUE on the turn, you don't need to bet quite so much. Granted, some people will call pot-sized bets with TPNK in these SnGs, but I have better luck stacking milking people when they think they're not being stacked. If he calls this bet, he's determined to go all-in on the river. If you bet 200-300 on the turn, you get information just as well, and probably get called more often by hands you beat.

Still, even if I bet 200 and he pushes, there's no way I'm getting away from this hand. I just don't find a fold kings on a rainbow, 10-high turn while 8-tabling.