View Single Post
Old 10-09-2003, 02:55 AM

Default Thread ending post :)

dammit....

well I guess no further replies to this post are going to be forthcoming and perhaps they shouldn't be. I hate the whining about bad beats that I see and I seem to have yielded to the temptation myself. I just can't begin to explain to you what the past 10 days have been like - I have worked hard to play my plan and it has been going fairly well, and in these last 10 days I have given back nearly all my winnings. The reason is this indescribable series of beats I am taking at the hands of the loose players at the low buy-in NL tables. I have just started to wonder if my aggression when I have the best hand is a mistake when you KNOW that you are up against MULTIPLE players who will be attempting to draw out on you NO MATTER WHAT YOU BET. It's sapping my resolve a bit - now when I get HU with i.e. AA and make a decent bet and get called, I think - "This guy is going to call me all the way and suck out on me". So I bet even harder because it's 'the right thing to do' and what happens? He sucks out the most fantastic cards on the turn and riv to beat me.

Well, I wanted to be known around here as a cut above the average whiny newbie, but I guess I blew it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] What's next? Well, I know that in trading when you think you are going to lose, you almost inevitably WILL lose. I guess I need to just play my way through this bad streak.

Max, thanks for telling it like it is.