View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: this whole thread is ruined. dont waste our time please.

"Thanks, dick. Considering some of the rambling dumbass posts you have put together over the past few years,"

it's one thing to make a post that's meant to be humorous. it's another to just botch a post and waste people's time.

there are sometimes hands that come up where i think gee this hand was interesting but then i realise that there's no way for me to post it and have it make sense because the fold or raise or whatever that i made was based on a read. so it's either post it tommy style where i explain all my thinking in the opening post or dont post it at all because if i just lay out the bare facts of it ill be wasting people's time. long time posters (like you) should be aware of this. it's why i dont come on here as much and am phasing it out of my life. i feel like im wasting my time too much and not learning anything.

if you had posted a "rambling" post where you described everything going on in your mind during the hand i think that could be really prodcutive for players like me because i want to understand how better players think and learn how to do the same sort of logic at the tables. instead of this sort of insight though im just getting these rancidly played hands by high limit online players that are not fully explained, or posters like JA who give their most thorough analysis in pms rather than on the forum, or just tons of clueless noobs who post one sentence meaningless posts like "i would raise the turn" that are devoid of any thought or nuance. so often i write a post and then just delete it because i realise i am not contributing anything new to the thread or teaching anything or heading towards learning anything, or even (intentionally) making anyone lol. josh, is another guy i love, and i know he is a top player, but the threads he starts are sometimes garbage because the initial post leaves out important detail. ditto andy fox. and someone like gabe who's a close friend normally limits his posts to worthless one word replies. and that's become a pet peeve of mine, i really hate it and i hate the waste of time this fourm has become from posters not carefully thinking through things before we post. it just makes us all think the other guy's a dick.

tommy told me one time that this forum is primarily a writing forum. i wish more of you took that idea to heart.

\vent done/