View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 03:41 PM

Default Re: The Sucker Project 2.1

From 35064 (Game 2853170583)

I think I 1/2 pot the flop. You have a very vulnerable overpair to a co-ordinated flop. I don't think checking the flop is absolutely terrible, but it's not good. When you check the flop and the turn is somewhat safe(not completing any draws), you MUST bet the turn.

(As a sidenote, I usually fold all pairs below TT in the first 3 levels.... just my preference in Party SNGs with T800 starting stacks).

Once you lost qith AK vs. AT, I saw a spot where I would have pushed if I were in your situation.... game #2853199682 with Q9o. UTG with blinds of 75/150 and only T285 in chips, you HAVE to do something before the blinds eat over 50% of your stack and you're dead. Better to go out fighting than being blinded off, and as we can see, you got a worse hand in the BB where you had no choice but to call.

FROM 35240:

Game #2853175185 - I like the fold with AQo from EP... too early to gamble and get cute.

Game #2853196888: This is a spot where I completely agree with pushing AK, as compared to some replies I made to various posts about folding it yesterday. Here, you have terrible position throughout the rest of the hand and only have 14.5 BBs left.... only options are push or fold, and IMO, a push here is the best play (mostly due to position and the fact that the pot was min-raised, which seems to me to constitute relative weakness a majority of the time). Well played.

Game #2853199056 - I don't think I agree with a push here with KK. You don't want to isolate here or buy it as much as you'd like to somehow get that larger stack to put more chips into the pot. I would re-raise to somewhere around 450. Only 1 large stack who min-raised in front of you... the rest of the players left to act are somwhat smaller stacks, and you'd love to get someone to call here holding KK. Pushing here is really not getting any value for your hand.

Game #2853201024 - Depending on how the BB in this hand plays (or how I view his play) I'm either going to complete here with QT, or raise it to 250-300. If he's loose, and likes to gamble, I will call, if he's tight, I will raise, but I think folding here is a touch on the -EV side.

Game #2853204629 - Someone who's raising 1/3 of their stack isn't going to fold to a push in my experience on the bubble. It was sloppy play by your opponent, but I think your re-raise was as bad. K-little is not a hand I ever like to get involved with unless I'm HU with a nice lead, or it's going to cost me roughly 10% or less of my stack to get involved late in a SNG, especially PF. Even if your opp. didn't have the hand that he had, I think your fold equity here is VERY small, if at all. Muck K-little to these types of plays from now on.

GAME #2843214273 - Push this PF. Make sure your opp knows he's gong to play for all of his chips. If he chooses to do so with J8s, so be it.... I rarely just raise in a HU situation with the combined blinds representing close to 10% of the total chips in play. If stacks were deeper in relation to the blinds, I can see raising, but not at this point.

These 2 HH's were the only one's that I checked, but overall, I tihnk (from the small bit I saw) that you need to use your first in vigorish when short stacked and watch your re-raises with marginal hands, especially when in the blinds.