View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 09:45 AM

Default Re: Is it me or is stars 1/2 garbage?

Listen to what ClaytonN says. He is right. 6-max is very easy if you put a little effort into it, and the skill discrepency between you and the rest of the table has the potential to be much larger than it ever would be in full ring.

Everybody, and I mean literally every single person, who has ever played both full ring and shorthanded will tell you that shorthanded games are generally much softer than the corresponding full ring game at the same site. Basically, full ring games attract multitabling weak-tighties who have their copies of WLLH dog-eared and highlighted. 6-max games attract donks. You can beat the weak-tighties, but the donks are more profitable.

Yes, the full ring games at Stars suck. The 6-max games are quite soft, though, if you know what you're doing. Likewise, all I've ever heard about Absolute was that it was a rock garden, but again I've found their shorthanded games to be very easy.

Learn to play 6-max. If you don't like it, you'll find that the skills you develop make you into a better full ring player. More likely, you'll never want to go back to full ring.