View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 07:15 AM

Default Re: All affiliates - please read!

[ QUOTE ]
Party has made some agressive bold moves this past week and we all MUST support them!

[/ QUOTE ]
Gee Al, you're right. Let's review some of those bold moves:

1. They resolved there longstanding dispute with their primary business partners by stabbing them in the back. The overall price to play at Party is far higher then almost every major competitor. By price I mean the combined effect of the rake schedule, bonuses, reward programs, and rakeback. The gist of the dispute was that the skins were competing for Party's best customers by offering them discounts and Party didn't like that.

2. The caused a major network outage in the middle of Saturday, inconveniencing an enormous number of players. This sold entries to tournaments they knew would never complete.

3. The unexpected split enormously inconvenienced all the customers of skin sites who suddenly lost access to most of the network. Don't tell me these players aren't Party's problem. Party was the network operator and they took a share of the rake money. All players were trusting them by playing on their network.

4. They have subjected us to a week-long soap opera concerning rakeback and reward programs. Instead of actually having a plan to take care of high volume players they have fostered the chaos that you are now asking everyone to be quiet about. The plans announced earlier in the week did not appear out of a vacuum. Party led those affiliates on and then jerked the rug out from under them.

5. Party suggested that affiliates refer high volume players to "bonus@partypoker.com" where many of them were insulted by being offered IGMPAY or offered nothing at all.

6. Party instituted a targeted bonus program to help it's customers understand their worth. As a high-volume 5/10 player my worth is apparently zero. I have been offered no bonus whatsoever this month.

The one constant theme in Party's "bold moves" is that the customers are being treated like dirt. They obviously planned this whole strategy without even considering how their customers might be hurt or how they could shield them from the impact.

I've stopped playing at Party and withdrawn all my money. Maybe the games will be better elsewhere and maybe they won't. But other sites at least act like they want my patronage. Why should I give thousands of dollars of business to a company that spits on me?