View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 05:13 AM

Default Re: A way to end the Barron hubbub - A request to El Diablo

I'm not El D, nor do I claim to be any good at this game.

However, I can see playing Barron's line.

Given his thinking, I can't justify the line. However, I can see myself playing this hand the same way with different thinking. I'm pretty sure these points were brought up in the long ass thread as well.

Before the hand: I'm playing Frank, who I know respects my play.

Pre-flop: Sweet, let's cap it. He very likely has a good hand here.

Flop: Cool, TPTK, "Raise!" Oh, crap, I could be way behind. Let's cap here to keep showing strength and hope like hell my read is off. Could he have played JJ or AQs this strongly? Probably not. I need another beer, where the hell is the waitress?

Turn: New draw, cool. [censored], he checked to me? WTF kinda setup is this? He has to be setting me up here. Wait a minute, he's gonna play me "honestly" since he respects me. So, KQ is likely out, as are the sets. He woulda gone for a bet-raise after the strength I showed. So, he might have AA or AK (esp. with the Ah), but I'm not ruling out JJ or AQ or AJh. Check or bet, check or bet, hurry, how big is the damn pot?, check or bet, ok, screw it, "bet"--he might think I'm way ahead and fold here. He better not check raise so he can brag to his buddies.

River: Well, he seemed weak there, COOL!, I'm thinking it is AK and not AA so this bet ain't so bad and I have a shot to win outright if my read is wrong or he will dump AK thinking I have two or a set. He better not do some fancy check raise or have made it with AJ.

As I'm collecting the pot: The best hand folds?? WTF-LOL? Wait a minute, I made the best hand fold. Yes! AA bends to my will! I am the best poker player who lives!