View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 04:56 AM

Default Re: 1 Pair Turn Bets

[ QUOTE ]

We all talk so much about pot control, and I'm normally at the forefront of such advice, but I think that turn checks have become a real leak in my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean

[ QUOTE ]

The guys who make me the most uncomfortable are the guys who bet TPGK when checked to on the turn - even on drawless boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

[ QUOTE ]

So much is obviously player dependent, but I just feel like we may go a little overboard here with the whole pot control angle.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I just think that live, opponents - especially bad opponents - don't bluff-checkraise or semi-bluff checkraise the turn as much as people here seem to think and definitely not nearly enough to justify the check/missed bet/free card

[ QUOTE ]

I think the live vs. online difference may be huge here - because the turn bets of which I speak are best against bad players - and there are so many of those in live games.

[/ QUOTE ]

see above

I usually just take note of the guys I think a turn check will be good against (i.e. - they'll make a raise that'll make me uncomfortable/they'll fire a barrel on the river automatically if I check) and there's not often that many of them....plus, even against them sometimes I'll bet the turn if I can accurately read when they're full of sh!t....usually in these games, if someone raises me on the turn they have a hand that I'm practically drawing dead against anyway so it's better poker to bet (which means that it's also sometimes a good idea to check if I have a lot of improvement outs on the river)......if I think it's close, I'll think to myself "who benefits more from the free card here?".....