View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 04:07 AM

Default Re: WWYD of you were running empire?

Combining limits is a good idea especially now that the skin network doesn't have enough people to fill all the limits they have spread.

However, I see two ways for poker rooms to grow now. Marketing, seeing as what it has done for Full Tilt or bonuses like Absolute. Both those sites have been growing for the past year at what I would imagine would be well above the industry average.

I'm not sure how successful Empire would be if it tried to use marketing to bring in new players because their marketing sucks. The players that generate the vast majority of Empire's profits likely came from Party after they heard about rakeback. Empire was in the bonus business model until Party cut the skins off because they weren't bringing in any new players and just leeching money off of Party.

The gravy train has left Empire. They will never again have profit margins as high as they did when they were a part of Party. If they lower the margins and have lots of bonuses/other promotions like Absolute they should be able to sustain/grow their player base.