View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 02:35 AM

Default Re: Made bad laydown, thoughts?

[ QUOTE ]
...I guess I was sort of thinking that with everyone limping before the flop, it wasnt inconceivable for someone to hold 9T or AT, and with the flush draw there, I will the lose the pot roughly 1/2 the time to a straight or flush when I dont fill up, so that's why I kind of backed off on the flop. I am almost certaintly should have bet the turn, but I chose to give a free card because I felt the villian's action on the turn would give me a more definitive idea of what he held. Since he checked, I had to put him on some kind of draw (probably a flush?), and since they both got there on the river (str8 and flush) and since the pot wasnt huge, I decided to lay down.

It was one of those situations where I tried to play defensive instead of offensive and it totally backfired. Just calling his raise on the flop led me to check the turn, which led to a free card which led to me getting bluffed out on the river because I slickly had decided via my defensive play that my opponent was on the flush draw.

In hindsite (which is always 20/20) I should have three bet the flop, led out on the turn, and check called the river. But hindsite is always 20/20

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

Check/calling the river is a bad line against anyone but lags.

edit: I type like crap