View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 02:29 AM

Default Re: flopped set after LRR and crazy flop action

[ QUOTE ]
no reads
whats my plan on the turn, am i worried about giving away free cards, or should i just let them keep going?

Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (20.00 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (16.00 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero ...

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I thought this question is kind of simple, but I guess it's really not.

I'm checking the turn. If UTG+2 bets and mp2 calls Ill CR, if UTG+2 bets and MP2 raises Ill just call hoping for UTG+2 to 3bet. If MP2 just calls the 3bet I'll cap the turn.

In pots like this if they cap the turn between themselves they will both be way gunshy on the river. Based mostly on feel I may donkbet the river, most players balls are gone here unless they have the absolute nuts. Also I really don't want to get 3bet on the river if I CR it. So most of the time I'll just donkbet. If you donkbet the river and it comes back 2 bets to you I'll obviously call but expect to be beaten.

If I donkbet the river and MP2 capped the turn, and now raises the river I'll just call.

I have to admit though that I am not very confident im my advice for this hand. The situation just doesn't happen that often.