Thread: LO8 cajun 5-10
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: LO8 cajun 5-10

{quote]Question #1: What's the plan for playing this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Mack - You're playing for the low half of the pot (but you have an uncounterfeitable low with a remote chance at a scoop). Seems like if UTG limped and then folded to Button raise, there are 13 small bets in the pot after the first betting round, but okay, let's call it 12, since that's what you indicate. No biggee.

For starters, I'd bet to see what happens. (And that's what you did).

[ QUOTE ]
I bet; BB raises; Call Call Call; Button raises.

Question #2: How do I like it now?

[/ QUOTE ]

You still like it, but are sorry there are only three opponents left in the action because of the excess early raising. But, oh well.

Looking back, if you had checked at the start of the second betting round, it probably would have worked out worse for you. In that case you'd probably only get one small bet instead of two small bets from the two MP players who folded, and your cost would still be four small bets. Thus betting yourself seems better, even in retrospect, than check/calling or check/raising.

But what now? Well... now it looks like you're probably going to get quartered or even sixthed for low and high looks even more remote than before. You hope for a deuce or trey on the turn to cut down on the chance of getting quartered or sixthed.

[ QUOTE ]
I call 2 bets; BB caps; MP calls; Fold Fold; Button calls; I call. (BB is slightly less foolish than Button, but is not an O8 player)

Turn is A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], (Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])

Question #3: How do I think about this hand now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] looks like a blank. You hoped for a deuce or a trey but that didn't happen. You still hope for a deuce or a trey on the river, especially a trey (since there's an off-chance nobody has diamonds).

I think at this point I'd go into a check/call mode and hope any of my opponents also with the current nut low shows some good sense. You're not going to lose much, if anything, by continuing, because of the dead money already in the pot.

There's an off-chance nobody else has deuce-trey for low. However, I'd fully expect to get quartered and maybe sixthed or even eighthed here.

Buzz