View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Defending your BB with a ReSteal?

Defending your BB against a steal with a resteal is very read dependent.

Much of the advice I've heard says if your read says the LP player is stealing to resteal with any two. It seems like you have this concept as your are talking about a resteal with 72o.

As for which of your moves is better approach I would vary between the two. If you know the raiser to be capable of stealing with any two then I would go ahead and reraise preflop to get him off his hand.

If you think he is on a semi-steal or is the type of player who won't steal with any two but still has to have a decent hand a reraise to 9BB may not work as since he has a decent hand he may take a flop and now you have to play your 72o out of position for a big pot. Against this type of player you'd be better off calling and betting the flop hoping he missed. If you are almost certain he doesn't have a great hand or he is stealing, you should put him all in here as he'll fold more hands than you might think.

While deciding when to resteal shouldn't depend on your cards, how to resteal might change depending on them. With a decent hand I might be more inclined to call and then fire at the pot even if I missed. If I hit it great but if not I'm firing anways as my intention was to resteal from the start.