View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 05:58 PM

Default $22...this AQs flop looked deceptively pretty...

First off, i'm pretty embarrassed about the line i took here. My hand was good, but i suspect this is a hand i should have dropped, and was just lucky this time. "Warts and all", heres the hand: (sorry i cant find the HH)

Early game, lets say 10 handed, everyone t800

Hero in EP (this is important)...dealt AQs, limps
Bunch of limpers or whatever, then CO/button goes 4BB. Hero calls (im not even sure i like this call, i HATE oop)

I dont think anyone else called.

Flop: AJT (hero TP, ok kick, gutshot, flop rainbow)

Hero checks (this i hate, doh). I think i could get away from the hand alot easier if i lead out. I usually do, not sure why i didnt here.

Villain 1/2 pots it. Hero tanks. Comes damn close to mucking. Eventaully, i call.

Turn: x check/check
River: x check/check

Pot slides to hero, who checks HH and sees he was facing KJo (!)

So heres what im thinking...That flop (AJT) is bad bad bad for me. Yes/no?

It looked pretty, but while i was tanking, i was thinking about all the hands that beat me...AK, AJ, AT, KQ, JT, not to mention AA, JJ, TT.

And the hands i am ahead of...the only *realistic* hands are PP <TT...and they dont pay me off.The only reason i called was that it was a $22...so its concievable that dude made 4BB donk raise behind limpers with <AT, <KQ. Even still, those hands arent likely. I was just lucky this guy is moeran.

Sorry that got a little rambly...i guess my question is:

Having taken the line i did (limp/call, limp...) is continuing with the hand upon his flop bet -EV? Badly -EV?

I gave my resons for hating this hand, but im not 100% sure im thinking clearly here, so please correct any/all of my assumptions.

Oh, also, once i decide i will continue, would you guys prefer pushing back over calling? Checkaise seems to me like one of those bets that i feel like a fish when im called.