Thread: My WA/WB line!
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Re: My WA/WB line! (result included)

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone please tell me how this is a good wa/wb?

WA/WB = X:X on the hands we win : hands we lose to no? Isnt this therefore WB WB WB!

(thats without knowing the result... which was a loss).

[/ QUOTE ]

What line would you have taken? You're right, as is Cash, this isn't necessarily a classic "WA/WB" (you have too many outs if you're behind, but I do think you're pretty close to X:X), but aren't you going to play it like it is? Villan (me) is about 50% looser than Hero...he's also pfr'ing about twice as much (Villan clearly recognizes this table is waaaaay tight, and is taking advantage of it). I think you can put Villan's range, preflop, to pp's down to about 99, suited aces down to about 9 or 8, unsuited broadway connectors, suited broadway cards, etc., and you can't really narrow it any on the flop without running the risk of costing yourself extra bets with a hand that you'd really like to at least see the river with.

Until the river (as somebody said, it would take a special kind of LAG to bet QQ on this river, not that I'm anything but a special kind of LAG [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]), you have no idea where you stand, and no way of cheaply figuring it out, so you check/call down...isn't that what WA/WB boils down to, after you strip off the stuff about how many outs each of you have, whether you're HU or not, and whether it's equal times your ahead and behind?