View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: What about a 2+2 \"league\" for WSOP 2006 seats?

I think the biggest issue people have with WSOP stuff as run by the various sites is the large field (usually) right? Especially proportional to the buy in. Therefore, the advantage of a 2+2 tourney could be lower buy in and less people (but also steeper payout).

What about a weekly $100 buy in, capped at 550 people? That means a 55k prizepool, with 4 seats (at 12k each), and divide up 7k among 6 people. This is more or less how a regular 100+9 on party ends up (its usually a smaller field I think, but whatever).

I think it would be cool to keep it private until an hour before it starts. I don't know if this is possible on stars , but set the conditions of the tourney to be capped at 550, password protect it until an hour before, then let anyone in.

I don't see a problem in letting fish in, as long as those 2+2ers who want to get in, do. Why not let them contribute a little? The key is to make sure the cap is there. It could theoretically fill with 2+2ers anyway.

Running sats would be cool too.

Obviously we could play with the numbers, but the idea is just to reward the final table.

edit: Oh yeah, and since we get to set the rules right? Definatly needs to be at least 2k to start and 20 minute levels or something.