Thread: Cold decks
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Cold decks

I've been going through the same thing past 10 days or so. .When I get in with a 60/40 I lose, when I get in with 80/20 I lose. .it is very frustrating. Key thing to remember is if you constantly put yourself in the position to play a big pot late in a tourney with a 60-80% edge you will end up allright in the end.

Sometimes it can be very tough mentally to think to yourself "Man, I need 2 million chips to win this tournament". .as you sit with 3K in chips 2 hours into it.

Just play every hand to the best of your ability, maximizing your equity. Focus on making the "right" play, and the results will catch up with you. Understand that it is very possible to go a few months without hitting something big (yes, the cards can be that bad).

In a big tournament with a lot of chips (like the $45K rebuy on Stars) I go in with the strategy of playing a 100K pot then going to bed. If I can play a 100K, win or lose, I'm happy. . .FWIW the times I win that pot I feel like I can do some real damage. . If I lose, I go to bed, wake up next day, and get back on the horse.

Taking a few days off to get drunk with buddies helps confidence too.

Good luck getting through it.