View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: The real reason why evolution is in conflict with religion

[ QUOTE ]
How can we be the special creation of God, in his on image, if evolution is allowed to continue to create something better then the image of God? Does this not go against a core tennet of xtainity?

[/ QUOTE ]

When Christians(and Jews) speak in such language, it is to illustrate what we believe. I would think that God is much more than even the most beautiful person on earth. This type of language has limits. We often picture God as a wise old man with white hair. These are only metaphors. Perhaps, it does more harm then good when we use such literary devices. The problem (short coming) though is with language – and to an extent our imagination; another problem of course is that all is not known, i.e. mysteries we call them. It is a cop-out so to speak for sure to end with "mysteries". But, that is what Faith is – as reason stops short, faith kicks in. Hopefully, the more science discovers, the more (better) ways we can describe God’s word.

How does science talk about DNA and Atoms? Do these things actually look like such in real life? (If they actually do, then you could probably come up with a better science analogy than I to get what I am trying to say. Can’t think of one off hand. There must be a similar example though. )