View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 02:02 PM

Default I\'m new to short-handed

I considered posting this in the microlimits forum, but I decided to go here since I thougth I'd get more valuable response here.

I have played fixed limit for 6 months, starting out at 0.5-1 and currently play 2-4 full ring, consider myself a winning player after 20k hands of 2-4 and 40k hands of lower stakes.

I want to try out shorthanded play, starting with party/skins 6max 1-2 fixed limit.
I wonder if you have any general recommendations for me to start out so as not to get owned totally from the start.

Tips could include: references of vpip, pfr and such that can be useful for evaluating my own stats after a few k hands, and for knowing if I should consider an opponent to be LAG, TAG, etc. Since I've only played full ring before I know these stats will be different.

I have the following books : SSH, TOP, HFAP
I have read SSH and TOP quite well, HFAP not as much.

I also recieved today GSIH and WTOIH (king yao).

So if anyone would recommend me some reading on short-handed games, these are the books currently available to me.

I would really appreciate any help here. I'm going to try out these games either way, with the books' help if nothing else, and a starting hand chart from an online friend who plays 6max.

Thank you in advance for your advice,

eisanm