View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Re: If There Is No God

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

All you're doing is ASSERTING that if it exists it must derive from God.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I'm asserting what the Bible says, "Nothing has come into being apart from Him". Because if something exists apart from God He isn't God.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I said God MIGHT have created mathematical laws such that they would exist with or without him. If you view that as a square circle (I don't), then just consider the alternative possibility that such laws could simply exist as a natural part of the universe, as in the atheists view. Either way, frameworks could exist which have the capability of existence either with or without God. You haven't demonstrated otherwise; you've only made assertions.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, as I point out elsewhere in this thread, it makes AT LEAST as much sense to posit a naturally existing universal framework, as it does to first posit a God and then attribute that framework to him

[/ QUOTE ]

No it doesn't because to do so you must presuppose the non-existence of the Biblical God, which destroys all sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Positing the non-existence of God doesn't destroy sense in the least. It's merely one possibility to consider. If God does not exist, how exactly do you propose that sense is destroyed?