View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #2 Turn

I have the same range as before. And I think we're happy getting all of our chips in. You could raise, and let the BB find a way to fold if he's way behind. But this bet, also small is pretty scary. But I think we've committed to this hand, so why not just call, and when the action gets to you on the river, make sure the slider is all the way to the right before you hit raise/call.

Villian, if way behind could fold to any raise, even a minraise. So, let's just let him lead the river again.

The only concern is if a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (very low concern), Q or T hits the river. I wonder if it could change the hand enough to make me fold. Would villian fold Qx, Tx with a pair right now anyway though?

I'm talking about villian being way behind like 32o where he would fold now but could bluff it again on the river. Who says he knows what folding equity is?

(Also, this is just an alternative to the easy answer ... which is push it - but that's too easy. If villian has 32o and is bluffing there is a 100% chance he folds this when we push the turn. There is a 98.9% chance he check/folds the river. But that .1% of the time he pushes into us, not knowing what the hell he's doing, then we've gained some chips.)

In summary, I think there is a slightly better chance to get all of his chips on the river, than on the turn. But it is very small. If he has 99 and catches a set, but would have folded on the turn then we're in trouble.

I really don't know if this makes sense, but with everyone saying push (which I read after I wrote this), I would start to think that Giga called.