View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #2 Turn

I'm starting to think along the same lines as bdoheny...I'm getting worried that we're behind. I believe a two pair hand (or even a set) would make a larger bet into this board, since, from his perspective, we could easily have top pair with a gutshot, in which case, he should think we have something like 9 outs against his KJ, and he'd be giving us pretty close odds to call.

I'm also no longer considering that villian has a 1 pair hand. If his check raise was to find out where he is at, there is no way he bets half the pot on the turn thinking his hand is still good after we called his checkraise.

If I had flopped the straight, I might play it exactly like the villian has (although, I would probably lead the flop). He's slowly getting all of his chips in, but his bets are small enough that it's going to be very hard for us to get off of even a TPTK hand (AQ in this case).

I'm 100% sure that he puts us all in on the river, so we are playing for the rest of our stack here.

It is REALLY starting to look like QT to me, but that being said, folding would be an AMAZINGLY DICIPLINED laydown. I don't think I could make it. Obviously, a read on villian would be extremely useful here.

If we fold, we'll have 18x left, which is not ideal obviously, but not significantly different than the 26x we started with. Of course, doubling up to 52x would be great. I might almost consider the texture of the table here. Are we getting respect for our raises? If we can successfully steal blinds, and aggressively take down small pots, I wouldn't mind folding as much. However, if people are mixing it up with us and most pots are contested, then it seems like we might not get a better spot to collect a ton of chips before moving into push or fold territory.

In real life, I probably push.
If I had 10 minutes at the table to think about it, I might be able to find a fold.