View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 09:51 AM

Default Re: hooking mp3 player up to a car.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've got a little braodcasting unit that goes in any mp3 player/walkman etc, and sends a radio signal a very short distance. You get one of these, and you can pick up your player via the radio.

It's not excellent quality (a bit like AM radio, if you merkins had that), but it's convenient.

I think it's called something like a Belkin Tunecast or something similar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately this is about the best way to go unless your car has built in support for MP3's or bluetooth. The quality problem briefly mentioned is however significant. This is especially the case if you have a relatively high quality stereo and expectations of comparable quality to CDs. For me, it has gotten to the point where I simply burn CDs because the quality drop is a bigger problem to me than the convenience offered by just hooking up my ipod, which is really damn convenient.

What pisses me off of course is my car is a 2003 which was just before the whole auto industry reacted to mp3 players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea i had the same probablem i got a 2003 and it only has a cd player in it. The 2001 i was looking at had the cd and tape. I have used the tape hookup before and the quality was better then the Transmitter but still not great. Im just glad i was able to do it this way. I hate bringing my cds with me since i take alot of long trips