View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 06:50 AM

Default Re: Am I in a LAG phase?

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 - that is fairly aggressive even if you think he has an OESD. Having a CC range on this guy would be nice. You are likely toast to a standard player who would have something like AQ or KQs. Though a medium PP may play this way as well, though not as likely.

I like the line you suggested of calling the flop and then pulling the sng on the turn. Easy fold to a raise. But what do you do on this river? Easy value bet after he just called your turn bet or do you c/c?

Hand 2

I like it. I definitely think you can fold a 9 with the turn and river cards. What about a sng on this hand given that you must be putting him on diamonds to 3-bet him on the flop here?

Overall I think both hands might be a little overplayed against unknowns, but I think it is definitely close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if we can easily fold to a turn raise if we stop and go in hand 1. We'll be getting over 8 to 1 and might even have the best hand if he's LAGgy or just doing a free showdown play, it also looks weak since we'd be 3 betting our good hands, and if not then checkraising the turn.

Hand 2 that Q changed nothing for him, and since he called the ace turn I think he's showing down a 9.

Edit: I guess we play great hands against aggro opponents with a stop and go looking to 3 bet the turn sometimes, although I don't think we would on this board, but part of the reason it works is because it looks weak.